Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hi all,
I was given $500 by a family member to invest in the stock market, to get the money I had a to start a Vanguard account. I read the FAQ and searched for similar threads on the sub and the consensus seems to be that $500 in not worth investing and I have no ambition/appropriate knowledge to gamble on individual stocks. If I was given the money as cash I probably would have just put it in in my savings account (that I contribute to regularly) or towards the repairs my car will undoubtedly need soon. But since I have no idea how to withdraw money from Vanguard I'm kind of forced to do invest in something.
Is there a simple option for an index fund, ETF, or whatever that I can just put this money in and forget about it? I honestly don't know when I'll have the income to regularly contribute to this investment, not sure how that influences that choice.
Sorry if this is a weird question, I genuinely couldn't find an answer that didn't involve putting the money in a savings account or putting it towards some real life purchase.
Thank you for any potential help!



Submitted September 27, 2020 at 09:12PM by Ginn4364 https://ift.tt/3n07BOC

Click to comment