Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

My partner had emergency appendix surgery on July 15. At first they told us we only owed 1,045 dollars so we paid that on the spot. We even asked “are you sure that’s all we owe for the surgery and everything??” And she said that was all. A few days later we got a bill for $33,000.

He does not have insurance as his work does not offer it. We were denied for financial assistance with the hospital charities. I tried to negotiate the bill with all the options mentioned on the internet, asking for Medicaid/Medicare discounts. They want us to pay 600/month and we can’t do that, as I’m disabled but receive no government assistance. I asked if we could lower the monthly payment and they said no. They are absolutely unwilling to work with us on this.

Is it even worth trying to pay this off if it’s just going to go to collections anyway?? I know they can sue you for wage garnishment and such but most people I know have medical debt they’ve never paid and nothing has come of it but I’m scared to take that gamble. We don’t qualify for financial assistance because we have no children and he makes 30k a year. He has a car loan that he still owes 8,000 on, and we currently rent.



Submitted July 29, 2020 at 03:17PM by thenakedgoldfish https://ift.tt/2BK6ikm

Click to comment