Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Just to preface, my identity was stolen in 2018 (most likely from the equifax breach) and my info was used to try and open multiple credit cards and a paypal account over the past two years. Since then I have placed fraud alerts and credit freezes with all the major credit bureaus. Someone even tried to open a Kohls credit card last week with my info. But something I received in the mail today is thoroughly stumping me.

I received a cash app debit card in the mail registered in my name. The issue obviously is that I don't use cash app or any other money app and I've certainly never applied for anything of the sort. The Card isn't even activated until you scan it with the app it seems.

My biggest question is what would a scammer/thief be using this account for? Is there a significant risk with this type of account that I'm unaware of? Also has anybody had any experience with this situation and how should I go about getting this account closed and making sure this doesn't keep happening?

throwaway because my normal account has personal info linked to me.



Submitted September 28, 2020 at 07:31PM by throwaway09282o2o https://ift.tt/3jchiXX

Click to comment