Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have seen a lot of questions on allocation across various ETF’s and want to share my idea of how I am approaching this.

Current age: 38 years.

Hold period: 27 years.

HOLDINGS

SCHG - 40% (core holding).

JEPQ - 30% (income/dividend).

SOXQ - 20% (growth holding).

PLTR - 10% (growth holding).

(Note: I also have $500 invested in VUG and SCHD).

REASONING:

SCHG has a tilt towards tech and growth.

JEPQ will give me income NOW, which I need.

PLTR is because I believe in the growth story of this firm.

SOXQ is because I believe in semiconductor industry.

I am considering VGT instead of SOXQ as it has the semiconductor companies that I like. Have to decide on this.

With each decade, my allocaiton will change based on my requirement for cash flow.

Age 38-50 years.

Core - 40%

Dividend - 30%

Growth - 30%

Age 60-65 years.

Core - 30%

Dividend - 50%

Growth - 20%

soemthing to this extent.

I hope this gives you an idea on how to allocate your ETF’s across categories to make things simpler.

If you want a super minimalist ETF allocation, then just go 33% across all 3 categories or 50/25/25 across the 3 categories.



Submitted September 16, 2024 at 01:13AM by Left_Fisherman_920 https://ift.tt/Ikz46rN

Click to comment