Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I (23F) make $61k per year, and after deductions (8% into 403b, 9% into pension, taxes, insurance), my net pay comes out to about $3100/mo. I’ve tracked every dollar I’ve spent since January on a Google Spreadsheet, and from that I know I have $1000-$1100 leftover at the end of the month.

For more context: - Rent is $1300 (SF Bay Area) - No car, debt or student loans - My other monthly expenses are utilities (~$70), Spotify ($12), metro card ($50), and groceries (~$160). I am still on my family's phone plan.

I opened a Roth IRA and put $750 into that invested in FXAIX, and I have a regular savings account with $18k in it. I also opened a Fidelity brokerage account but have no idea what to invest in, so there’s no money in it yet lol.

I don’t really have any financial goals that I am specifically working towards. So, my question is- what should I do with this extra money? Or more specifically, how do I split up the extra money between retirement, savings, investing, etc? Also, should I be saving more of my take home pay, or is ~$1000/mo good enough?



Submitted September 15, 2024 at 10:33PM by Accomplished-Leg4369 https://ift.tt/tyurnNx

Click to comment