Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

As the title says, I have a parent who is 48 years old and although they live a very luxurious life (6 figure salary) they refuse to pay the IRS tax collections and prefer to simply allow the debt to exist. It has grown to over $100k and has gone on ever since I was small (2002-2003). I think it peaked around the time of the recession at around $160k. When I asked them how this could potentially effect me they stated that any assets I would inherit would be seized (they own no property/mortgage, but they do have one paid off car and another with ongoing car payments). And then the remaining outstanding debt would go away. Is this true? Do you have any advice as to how I can get on top of this now as a college student? I am aware that you can reach a settlement but I do not understand whether or not I will be inheriting the burden of the debt.



Submitted July 25, 2020 at 08:20PM by asscrackitis https://ift.tt/2WXHmNE

Click to comment