Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

So I was trying to grab one of the $173 C&J shoes the other day and thought I finally snagged one, and in the rush I also added a GF suit just for kicks. I've only ever tried BB in my local mall, and I never liked the way any of the shoulders fit on me, but the store never had any GF in stock for some reason, only the half canvas 1818 stuff. I didn't think GF would fit any differently but turns out BB suits can fit quite differently. Well they cancelled the shoe order so now I just have the suit. The one I grabbed is this Navy wool/cashmere flannel 3 roll 2 Brookscloud with side adjuster pants. I can't really be too bothered to take any pictures, you can see everything you need to see on the BB site, but I guess if you want me to check for anything specific I'm happy to do it.

So first, their description on the website is a bit hard to understand. This is basically a quarter lined jacket, with NO padding anywhere in the shoulders, and nothing in the chest or the shoulders other than the canvas interlining. For comparison, I also have a Suitsupply Jort, a Ring Jacket Model 254, and an Isaia Base Gregory, all are also quarter lined Neapolitan style jackets and the BBGF has a more natural shoulder than any of them, although the Jort has a slightly softer canvas.

In terms of level of handwork, there's more than the Jort and less than the Isaia, about the same as the RJ, that is hand sewn armholes but machine made buttonholes, and generally the level of detail is pretty good. This cloth is pretty nice feeling too, but a flannel cashmere mix feels kind of weird combined with a quarter lined jacket. the completely natural shoulder also feels strange combined with the relatively boxy fit about the midsection, but I would take in the waist a little and it should fit pretty well. Pants are great, and the side adjusters are solid and look nice.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not, I generally like the build quality and the fit, my wife doesn't really care for it, I have big shoulders so I usually like natural shoulders but this might be a going a little too far and it's honestly one of the most expensive suits I've ever bought, priced a little above what I want to spend for a suit. I'm waiting for my Cavour order to come in tomorrow or so to make a final decision.

Well thanks for coming to my TEDtalk, here's a bunch of other $509 GF suits. If you are in the market I would say it's a pretty fair deal for a nice suit.

Loro Piana Super 150 in Navy or Gray

Loro Piana Super 150 pinstripe navy or gray

Delfino 3 Roll 2 in Navy Regent fit

Navy Regent fit

Dark Gray Regent fit

Gray plaid Regent fit

Blue flannel patch pocket - Maybe watch this one for a bit, it's been at this price for a while and they can't move it at all, possible will be the first to be discounted further.

A different Navy Regent fit Birdeye I guess

Gray or Dark Gray Regent Fit



Submitted July 21, 2020 at 09:34PM by compuccesory https://ift.tt/2E0Y6wI

Click to comment