Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hi,

I recently opened an account with Degiro to buy some shares. I deposited GBP and bought shares that are traded in USD.

My account seems to move when these shares are not being traded, I am imaging this is down to movement in the GBP/USD exchange rate.

But if I bought these shares when GBP/USD was 1.25 and it falls to 1.24, should I not be making a gain here? or am I missing something? I believe my account on Degiro is showing me a loss as the pound falls against the dollar. It's also possible there is something else at play here that I'm not aware of?

Thanks - Sorry I missed Monday's newbie post and wasn't sure where else to put this.



Submitted March 01, 2017 at 05:54AM by jmurr1988 http://ift.tt/2lxRNCQ

Click to comment