Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Background thoughts So, I am in high cost living area, but living in a condo I own (mortage at 2.75% and not paying extra). The condo just what I need in terms of space. I could have bought a single family home, but that meant higher property taxes, more in interest, and a higher mortgage payment. I also wasn't too comfortable with a huge loan. Single family homes, appreciate more than condos. My condo only went up a few % in six years. I do max 401k, backdoor Roth, HSA , and putting money on a brokerage account every month.

Question One of the reasons that real estate appreciation (if it happens) is high in absolute dollars, is because of the mortgage leverage. Is there a strategy for prudently using some leverage to boost market returns? I was thinking a long the lines of using a small amount of margin or other loan.



Submitted October 06, 2024 at 02:12AM by neko432 https://ift.tt/9f4mbNC

Click to comment