Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Right now I’m working a job with low pay and inconsistent hours. Until earlier today, I was completely broke, and I want to actually DO something with this money, not just pay off debt. I know paying off high-interest debt is probably the smart thing, but I’m so afraid of just staying poor for the rest of my life, I feel like something needs to change.

I don’t know the first thing about “investing” money into anything. I spend a few bucks here and there in crypto a few years back, but really had no idea what I was doing, and not exactly super eager to invest more (at least, not without actually knowing what the hell Im doing, so resources for learning might be helpful).

I’ve never dealt with stocks, even though ironically the money I got came from an ESOP from a company I used to work for, that finally got paid out.

I’m not looking to “get rich quick”. Rather, I just want to plant some kind of a seed, so if I don’t find a better job, or god forbid I get laid off again, I have SOME kind of hope that I’m not just losing everything again. I’m 36 and already lost everything I’ve ever work towards, and don’t think I could handle that happening again.

I figure this is probably the last opportunity I’m going to get to try and make something happen. I want to be wise with what I do with this, and not just sit on it until something else inevitably goes wrong.



Submitted October 07, 2024 at 10:18PM by Jcorb https://ift.tt/oPAs3Or

Click to comment