Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I am looking to potential spend $13.4k on solar panels installation after federal and state rebates. Estimated savings is roughly $205 / month on electric bill. This works out to roughly $2500 or 18% annually all after tax (5 yr payback period excluded opportunity costs). 25+ year lifespan. 20 year work guarantee.

Assuming I put these savings into the market, this feels like a no-brainer. Am I missing something?

As an aside, I had one "reputable" company offer me 3.99% APR loan that includes a hidden 8K "service fee", I discovered through questions, over 25 years and ballooned TCO to over $50k on a 21k job. Be careful folks. They disguised it in their presentation through a "net" lower monthly payment than.

Edit: these are two different companies, I was tracking with the second company until it came to financing



Submitted September 17, 2024 at 09:33PM by berto813 https://ift.tt/esp0az2

Click to comment