Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hello,

Today, I received a $10,000 bursary/scholarship. It was unexpected, and I won’t need the money for at least the next couple of years, or even longer. I’m a 3rd-year undergraduate student.

I’ll receive $1,250 per month for 8 months. How should I invest it? Should I keep it in a high-interest savings account with a 5% interest rate, or are there better investment options that could potentially double my money in a few years?

At first, I thought about upgrading my lifestyle or spending it on dating(lol), but after thinking it over, I feel like it’s best to invest it, as it could help me significantly in the future.

Should I tell my family about it, or just keep it to myself, invest it, and forget about it? Thanks!

I don’t have any debt. My parents paid for my first 2 years of tuition. I paid for my 3rd year tuition from my savings, and for the 4th year, I’ll be paying half, with my parents covering the remaining half.

Since this money is unexpected, I’m thinking it’s best to invest it and forget it even exists.



Submitted September 16, 2024 at 11:16PM by 2nd_yr_cs https://ift.tt/TCkRHDb

Click to comment