Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I'm going to update my resume and I've already updated my LinkedIn, but I'm wondering about the financials.

My only debt is what's left on my mortgage (~$130,000). I don't have any dependents, so if I have to sell my house and move for a new job it would suck, but it'd be doable. I have a 4 month emergency fund. I'm considering not contributing to my retirement account this year (Roth IRA) to build my emergency fund more, but I'm worried I will regret that down the line if I don't lose my job. I work for the government, so no 401k and they take money automatically for my pension. I'm 30, so I know I still have time to save for retirement, but I worry.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing that I could be doing? I'm anxious right now, but I know I'll feel better working through the next few months if I have a plan. This is my dream job and I'm very happy there, so I don't really want to look for another job unless I do get laid off.



Submitted September 24, 2020 at 08:06PM by Naraven https://ift.tt/2RUcR8r

Click to comment