Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have a working relationship with a small business registered in Portugal. Upon going through their taxes they said they were asked for NIFs from all clients they dealt with.

As I am from the USA, I don't have one. In lieu of that, my contact doesn't really know what should be used. She said it has to be some personally identifiable number.

A bit of background: All of our transactions are done over paypal, no contracts or contract work, they provide a product and I pay for it through paypal. To the best of my knowledge they are upstanding and forthright. All transactions have been for digital goods.

I get the impression they aren't sure what to do here and there's absolutely no way I'm giving out my SSN.

I'd love to keep working with them, and they're trying to find out a workaround but I was hoping that you guys might be able to help me out or point them in the right direction. It seems a little ridiculous that they would require so much for their taxes and I don't believe they're trying to con me. I can't imagine it's worth the risk considering the working relationship we have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted July 25, 2020 at 07:21PM by Kalmora https://ift.tt/30FSf7C

Click to comment