Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I make $48,000 per year. My paycheck after all deductions/social security/state income taxes/federal income taxes it comes out to $1,500 every 2 weeks. I know that's not great money but its nearly $20,000 more than the average individual median personal income in the country.

I split rent with my girlfriend, we don't live anywhere glamorous and a 2 bedroom apartment costs me $850 for my half.

Then we split other bills and the remaining bills (electricity, internet, TV). Cell phone bill is $120. Then car insurance is another $120/month. And the car payment is $350. That eats away at more than one of my paychecks per month.

That leaves me with barely over $1,000 of free spending money for everything else. After buying groceries (food alone eats away at about half of that $1,000) and all the other little expenses I'm left with no savings and basically living paycheck to paycheck. Food seems crazy expensive now...a few bags of groceries is nearly $60 and lasts me half a week. If we go out for drinks and dinner and I decide to pay its easily around $100.

Yet I see everyone else my age (early 30s) with really nice things, constantly going out to bars every night, constantly buying things on Amazon and new clothes and products....

I haven't bought anything for myself in several months other than a few video games here and there. I simply don't have enough money.

What am I doing wrong? Am I simply not making enough money and need to find a way to earn more? Do I have to resort to eating Ramen and not going out at all just to build a savings?



Submitted July 20, 2020 at 08:51PM by PattyBates88 https://ift.tt/2WFlC8Y

Click to comment