Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have been over $100k in debt (student loans) since 2014. I lived in Washington, DC after graduation, and during that time, I was never really able to get it together. Needless to say, my credit was shot, and some of my private student loans (Discover Student Loans) defaulted (2015) and have been passed around to various collections companies ever since.

I’m 29 now, and trying to get my shit in order so that I can buy a house within the next few years. I’ve left DC, moved in with family, and now have a great job. For the first time, I am in a place where I can really see myself out of this dark tunnel. I monitor my credit regularly now just so I don’t experience any additional challenges. These discover loans (the bulk of my debt) were recently bounced to another collector. They ask me if I would like to set up a payment arrangement.

Here's the problem: For some reason, for at least the last 8-9 months, my Discover balance is not appearing on my credit report. When I inquired with the collections rep, he told me that he knew why that was, but that he was not allowed to tell me why. It sounds a bit sketchy, but I am not sure what to do. I am happy to pay, but I would like to make sure that these payment are being reflected properly.

Side note: Since I’ve left DC, my score is up almost 100 pts. 😊



Submitted July 22, 2020 at 04:31PM by jb1649 https://ift.tt/32NGRt8

Click to comment