Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I transferred to another state a bit ago and I made the mistake of only changing only my mailing info and my residential info which allowed the previous state to take around a 100 bucks per pay check while my current state took around 40 dollars. Between taking a pay cut and my digital pay stubs listing both states under one total for state tax, I had no clue my previous state was still taxing me. I truly thought my new state had higher taxes. All in all, my previous state has claimed around 2000 dollars in taxes and I am wondering how I can get that money back.

Do I have to wait until next years tax season? And if so, my previous state is not exactly known for giving you much in tax returns. For instance, they claimed around 5000 last year, and even though I claimed 0 dependents I only saw about a 1000 back in tax returns. And this is after I moved. I realize I am an idiot, if there is nothing I can do, I will kiss that money goodbye and be grateful next yr for what little amount my previous state deems they will give back. But if there is a solution, please someone let me know.



Submitted July 23, 2020 at 09:42PM by sinsielawinskie https://ift.tt/3jyl4eY

Click to comment