Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hey, guys!!I'm trying to repaint my shower tile and tub using Rustoleum Tub n Tile epoxy paint. I have done research as to how to do so and a critical step is to sand the surfaces with fine (instructions say 600-800 grit) sandpaper. Every resource mentions this as a critical step. However, no one explains exactly how much sanding I need to do.For instance, taking straight 600 grit sand paper to the tile does literally nothing. Not even a scratch, even when applying strong pressure. I have also tried using 220 grit paper first, followed by the 600 grit. This creates subtle but visible scratches on the tile. I cannot feel them with my fingers, but at the right angle, they are definitely visible.My question: how much sanding do I need to do? Do I need to start very coarse and keep moving to finer paper? Am I trying to completely strip the gloss? If so, how do I accomplish that? How do I know that I've done enough sanding.It is apparently an absolutely critical step, so I really dont want to mess it up. If anyone could help, Id be very grateful. via /r/DIY https://ift.tt/32L6sD7

Click to comment