Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I've been looking for remote work because of Covid-19. I've been applying to anything that looks relevant on Monster, Indeed, etc. No one has called back. This morning, I got a text from a recruiter saying that they saw my resume on careerbuilder. This recruiter handed me off to a HR rep on Skype, who proceeded to interview me entirely through text. The actual interviewer didn't really seem to have any idea what was on my resume. They couldn't specify what kind of 401k contribution matching the company provided.
The software requirements were listed as follows:
BS 1 Accounting software ,myob business essentials software 2005,For Peach Tree premium 2010 US Patent Single Users Pack, simply accounting 2009,Adobe Photoshop 52011,Adobe Acrobat 8 2012,Ariba 8 2012ASP 32007,CSS 6 2012,Dreamweaver 7 2011,HTML 11 2011,Illustrator 3 2009,Microsoft Access 8 2011,Microsoft Excel 8 2011,Microsoft Word 11 2011,MySQL 5 2011,PHP 5 2011,UNIX 2 2005,Windows 7 1 2011,Windows XP 8 2011,XML 5 2007,Vendor Management 7 2012,MacBook Pro, the model with a 13-in. screen,packed a 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor,includes a 1.4GHz chip
The formatting has made it through intact. I didn't squish it together like that, this was how I received the list. The keen-eyed among you may recognize that the end of that list is hardware, not software, and can be summarized as "a computer that exists". When I said that I hadn't worked with most of the software on that list, I was told that that would be handled in training.
I was told that I would be sent a paper check in the mail for a few thousand dollars to set up a home office, after the duties I would be in charge of were not well explained.
After I was told that "you scored (96 percent out of 100 and above average) on the interview questions answered", and was told that I was HIRED in all caps, I received an email with an application form that looked like a first contact application that didn't have any of that information we had discussed over Skype, and came from an @gmail account instead of a company-specific account. This application form, which is not an I9 form, also asked for my SSN.
The job is also offering around two to three times what the other entry-level remote jobs I'm seeing are offering, the above-mentioned few thousand dollars for building a home office, and "a new hp laptop".

I feel like this is, like, a thousand red flags, but I don't know what exactly they are getting out of this. Can someone explain what's going on? Maybe my gut is wrong and this is a nice boat full of benefits and money coming in, but I'm finding it really hard to believe.



Submitted July 23, 2020 at 08:55PM by Anezay https://ift.tt/2Bu2aos

Click to comment