Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hey guys! I just recently got my bill for college and I need some advice on if my financial plan makes sense. Essentially, I will be attending an east coast private college as an IDIP major to do International Relations and Human Rights. I have interests in working for the government, as a Foreign Service Officer or other positions related to the field of work. In May, I was able to appeal my original financial aid package and maxed out the school grant and work study while also obtaining a scholarship from them as well . But, it is still expensive for my family and I to afford. With everything combined, I would need to pull out about $13.5k of private student loans PER semester, combined with $5,500 of federal loans over the whole year, which totals to a 19k a semester. The reason why I need to pull out this much money is not from the tuition itself but rather from the room and board. Without room and board I would be able to afford my college off of the financial aid I’ve been given but dorming on campus is mandatory for 3 years. However, after talking to my admissions counselor, I learned that the required dorming can be easily appealed and waived. So here’s my plan. Because of the AP classes I took and the dual enrollment I did with my local cc in HS, my admissions counselor said I could skip about a semester to a year of college. In addition to this, I want to dual enroll in the community college local to the area where my college is located so I can save money on the Gen Ed classes. I also want to move off of campus after the first year with 2 of my friends that are also attending in the area. I plan to work at the Target or Chipotle near my school for the tuition reimbursement programs that they offer. In addition to that, I plan to apply for the honors program at my school (again) and apply for additional scholarships throughout Undergrad to try and secure extra financial assistance. So essentially, my plan is to pull out 13.5k per sem in private loans for the first year only. I’m going to on top of that dual enroll in CC, work during undergrad for a company that offers tuition reimbursement programs, and apply to various undergrad scholarships and the honors program offered by my school. I really want to make attending this college work on a financial level and I’m willing to put in the work to be able to attend this school so please let me know if this plan makes sense and if you have any additional advice and tips! Thank you!



Submitted July 19, 2020 at 07:51PM by moiyuh https://ift.tt/2WDhmH5

Click to comment