Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Please give y’all feedback.

Reasons why I am not a fan of 401k’s.

  1. It is locked in till 59.5 and if you need money for an important event such as a downpayment for a house or need capital to start a 99.1% pure meth business but most of your money is parked in a 401k, get ready to lose hella cash and taxes pretty much instantaneously. Not fun.

  2. Vested time. Some companies have a vested time period where the “free money” isn’t actually yours till a certain number of years. What if you leave the company or are laid off. Well there goes your “free money” guys. No such thing as a free lunch.

  3. Hidden maintenance fees that are not really visible to you unless you go looking for it. Trust me, I’ve done it myself.

  4. If you pull out money from 401k after 59.5, yes you will not pay a penalty anymore BUT if you are in a higher tax bracket than you thought you’d be, then you will be paying hella taxes anyways with potentially measly returns on top of that.

  5. Flexibility in investments is important to me. I should be free to invest any stock, index fund, or etf I want. What if I don’t like the target date funds or the mutual funds provided? Why should I be forced to invest in something I am not comfortable with?

Anyways there’s probably more I could write but this is off the top of my head.



Submitted July 14, 2020 at 10:07PM by joeroganthumbhead https://ift.tt/3iY5DMZ

Click to comment