Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have a vanguard account - but I'm not on board with 100% of their methodology. I'm maintaining 40% stock allocation since I believe everything is overvalued, and plan to allocate another 40% to stocks if the market takes a tumble.

Of my holdings though - Vanguard and others recommend putting a lot into those broad total market index funds, (total US Stock, total International stock, total bond, etc.) since they're the cheapest and most diversified.

Vanguard has a ton of other funds and ETFs though, and there are individual stocks I might become interested in.

How much should I leave for these less broad funds and individual stocks? In other words, if how much of my portfolio should these core holdings take up?

EDIT: I have a larger portfolio than others, meeting fund minimums is no issue.



Submitted January 26, 2017 at 03:56PM by thealpha100 http://ift.tt/2jCrw5q

Click to comment