Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Sorry if this does not belong here. I browse r/frugal a lot but only lurk. It seems like the right subreddit atm to make this post.

My decade old Toshiba Satellite finally broke down last night. I've had it since i was 14 and am feeling a little depressed since my laptop has been with me through so much :(

I'm a full-time student majoring in computer science and I need a laptop to run Linux on. I work part-time but all of the money I make goes towards monthly expenses such as rent, food, and bills. I don't know how better to say this lol, I am poor and I don't have the time to save up.

Is there any way I can find a decent laptop for $50 or less? If not, what could I expect for $50? Btw, I'm not making this post as a way to beg for a free laptop. I'm planning on purchasing one, or finding a free broken one and try to fix it up myself. I just want to know if it's reasonable to expect a completely functional laptop for $50.

Thanks.



January 26, 2017 at 05:37PM

Click to comment