Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Alright so here's the deal.

I'm not really asking this to save money. If I COULD save money, great, but honestly I just want to accomplish this without breaking the bank. My big problem is the way my house is laid out.

I'm 23 and in a pretty big rental with my best friend and his girlfriend. We keep the thermostat at 70 during the winter and the house gets plenty warm. Except my room.

My room is at the end of an offshoot on the house and it has 12 foot ceilings (like the rest of the house) and a 8 foot bay window and another 8 foot by 4 foot window. Basically ~20% of the walls are dual pane windows.

We keep the house at 70, my room reliably measures 60. It's a little rough. Even then though, I'm a big dude, I can take it. The BIG issue is the boyfriend (about 18 BMI as opposed to my 29) will only sleep super bundled up and frankly it's cutting into 'us' time because I can't make any moves when he's in eskimo gear.

I've thought of the Oil Space heaters, but would like some input. Any other space heater would work too. I have a ceiling fan and sense heat rises, I don't know if I should keep it running or not.

So on the surface, I'm looking for a reasonably frugal way to heat a room that doesn't seem to benefit very well from the central heat/air setup, has a TON of windows, and 12 foot ceilings. But also, I'm looking for a cheapish way to get my damn boyfriend to wear more frisky getups to bed!

Thoughts?

Thanks Reddit!



February 28, 2017 at 03:04AM

Click to comment