Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hey, I currently have a mortgage of ~$290k at 4.1% (2.4k a month and ~500 as taxes or insurance) and currently have ~$400k in liquid or near liquid assets. I know the general wisdom is that you should invest it in higher yielding assets since you can come out ahead in the long run. However, I am generally quite cautious with investing and I have heard other advice that paying off your house as quickly as possible allows you to take on riskier investments by insulating you from worst case losses (losing enough money where you have to worry about paying off your mortgage).

I want to know your thoughts? Are there other risks I have not thought about?



Submitted February 28, 2017 at 08:43PM by GreatGlobularCluster http://ift.tt/2l9BRdQ

Click to comment