Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have a Toyota Corolla 2012 w/55k miles. My family of 4 has nearly outgrown the corolla. Together, we commute around 20 miles per day in it.

Someone has offered to give us a 2009 hyundai santa fe w/160k miles as a gift. They say it runs like a top.

I want to take advantage of the added storage space in the Hyundai. But i'm not sure about what to do with the Toyota. Should I keep the corolla, or sell it?

If I kept the corolla, it could be a back-up vehicle if the higher mileage Hyundai craps out or requires an expensive fix. But if I sold the corolla, I could probably get around $8-9k. Then if the hyundai dies, I'd be without a backup vehicle and would need to spend around $18-21k for a replacement vehicle!

I'm not sure what the best, frugal way forward is. Thoughts?

We need the extra space



February 27, 2017 at 02:47PM

Click to comment