Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I know I’m one of thousands of these posts but please, if you don’t help me, please allow me to vent.

The following are context to my situation, not justifications or attempts to validate my actions or situation. During my childhood, my mother, siblings, and I were financially abused by my father, who refused to pay for necessities while gambling on sports; this worsened until 2008, when his addiction collided with the recession and we foreclosed on our house. Years later, they are divorced and I am an adult (21M) living with my mother, grandma, grandpa, brother, and sister because I cannot afford to move out.

My grandmother and mother have been shopping addicts for as long as I can remember. I just recently learned that my mother was thousands of dollars in debt before my grandparents helped her out after her divorce. My grandmother and I are both diagnosed with bipolar disorder and this tremendously impacts our spending habits. To add insult to injury, I am diagnosed with autism and ADHD, resulting in executive dysfunction and impulsivity.

These contexts created a circumstance now where I, a 21-year-old adult, am $5k in debt caused by impulsive spending, DoorDash (never learned to cook because mom never learned to cook), and mobile gaming.

I just don’t know where to begin because I already work 40 hours a week ($21.75/hr) and am planning on reenrolling in school. I’m on a weight loss journey (30 lbs lost) and just cancelled my DD subscription.

Where should I go to seek help? What is the next step for me? How can I supplement my income? What should I prioritize in changing? What, of the mentioned factors, is the most detrimental and should be addressed first? And, above all else, am I fucked?

Thanks for reading and for the advice you might give :)



Submitted October 14, 2024 at 01:46AM by chloroghast https://ift.tt/ZFEq7D1

Click to comment