Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Long story, but I didn't contibute to my 401k this year. I could:

a) contribute 100% of my paycheck for the rest of the year until I max out, pay expenses from a brokerage account that earns 4-5%; I have enough savings to cover me if my paycheck goes 100% to the 401k and still have a modest emergency fund

b) just leave the brokerage untouched and 401k unfunded; start my contributions in January

There's no matching because company has a 6 year vesting schedule and I ain't staying that long. There are some tax benefits, yes. Either way, 4 months from now I'm going to make the brokerage account an emergency fund and invest the excess in long-term positions, so in a few months my savings will be earning what the 401k would have. I'm 1-8 years from retirement, depending on how long I can put up with work and what standard of living I'll take (and I can take pretty low SOL). I'll probably make a spreadsheet...



Submitted September 14, 2024 at 12:56AM by No_Pace2396 https://ift.tt/Ia6PViE

Click to comment