Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

So, my girlfriend recently passed away after a battle with cancer. We lived as common-law partners in Vancouver, Canada. She has an AMEX card, which I had a supplementary card for. Most of our bills and recurring charges were on that card. After her passing, I didn't overthink canceling the card and diverting recurring payments onto my cards. I thought things would be okay and would keep the account in good standing. Now that the dust has settled and I can think more clearly, I have been researching, and it appears I have been committing fraud. I am not a criminal or a fraudulent person, and I am terrified that I have made a colossal mistake.

I am perfectly willing to pay off the balance and close the card. However, I am curious about the right way to do it and the repercussions I may face. I have already contacted AMEX, and an agent told me to mail the death certificate before things can be actioned.

My questions are:
1. should I clear the balance before mailing the death certificate
2. What can I expect the process to be like?
3. How do I convey to AMEX that none of this was done with ill intent, and I am willing to rectify it by whatever means possible?

I would greatly appreciate any tips, as I am losing sleep, and my stress levels are incredibly high.



Submitted September 18, 2024 at 11:08PM by BigRaise74 https://ift.tt/XuKi8CH

Click to comment