Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hello, I haven't really posted on here, so please forgive me ahead of time for any mistakes. First and foremost, here are the bills for anyone interested: https://imgur.com/a/MO8pCYH

Starting off, I went to my dentist this August (my third visit with Smilebuilderz), and like last time, they told me my insurance covered everything.

Now, one month later, I have received a bill from them for this visit, and for my previous visit in January, where I owe a total of $497. Both visits have been normal cleaning visits. I also don't understand, I was never sent a bill about the previous appointment in January, until a month after this one in August. It seems like they waited until they could send me a bigger bill near $500.

Some of the charges on them are "Nutritional Counseling," "Oral Hygiene Instruction," and "Caries Risk Assessment."

Another is fluoride varnish, which costs $60 both times. I was told it was covered by insurance along with everything else, but I if I have to pay the $120 for it, then fine. My real issue is with the other charges.

What nutritional counseling? What oral hygiene instruction or risk assessment. Besides the standard hello, how are you, the hygienist and I didn't interact too much. Furthermore, the dentist only looked at my teeth for a minute at most before my appointment was over. The risk assessment high might be because of my alamgam filling which I need to have replaced eventually due to a tiny gap, but I already told them I was planning to get it done later.

Sorry if I'm just rambling and venting too much, I just find these charges to be outrageous. If anyone has any advice on handling this, I would appreciate it. Thank you!



Submitted September 20, 2024 at 12:22AM by Shotgun9494 https://ift.tt/7HGXC01

Click to comment