Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

We had some major subfloor damage from a leaking toilet in our main level bathroom. After assessing the problem I decide it was a good time to gut the bathroom back to the joists and wall framing and start from square one. Previous owner had “remodeled” on a budget and done more damage than help. Once we ripped out the ceiling I noticed the ceiling beams were floating and weren’t centered over a load bearing wall. The 1/2 story attic is currently unfinished but in this part of St. Paul MN it is common to finish the attic into a loft bedroom. I’m obviously not comfortable putting anything in the attic of the floor joists are just floating out in the open. I’m thinking I should sister LVL to the joists and span it between the wall framing? Thoughts?floating beams via /r/DIY https://ift.tt/3fCc2Lr

Click to comment