Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hello All,

And thank you for any advice provided.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to reevaluate my finances and there’s one spot that I just can’t seem to choose a side of the fence to land on.

For a little background my financial picture looks a little like this:

Income: $1800/week. Soon to become $1,710/week due to restructuring.

This is post-tax and includes insurance and 401k deductions

Mortgage: $1808/month

Owe $149,800 on a 15 year plan

Student Loans: $410/month

Owe $75,000

Currently deferred due to COVID-19

NewYork Life insurance: $308/month  

The NewYork Life Insurance is the portion of my finances that has me questioning what to do. I currently have my 401k maxed out and all other savings go towards a high yield savings account. I also have a few thousand that I use to play in the market with but these haven’t been very fruitful. I am single and got the life insurance because I was told that with time the dividends would begin to add up and it would turn into a positive investment that I could dip into for retirement, but even now I’m still very confused as to how it works.

Am I better off keeping the life insurance even though it ends up eating ~$3,600 a year, and will it be an accounts I can pull money from in the future without any penalties, or am I better off saving that money and throwing it into my high yield savings/paying off mortgage faster?   Thank you again for any advice :)



Submitted July 29, 2020 at 10:38PM by IAmTheLemmingKing https://ift.tt/2DfZzyT

Click to comment