Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hi, I am currently moving to California for a job. I have a big husky, who is considered an aggressive breed in CA, so it's been a headache trying to find a place to accommodate him!

I narrowed down an ideal place, and after completing a $30 background and credit check the landlord hosted a virtual tour of the property. We've been in regular communication throughout the process, as there were other potential applicants. Everything has been great, but English is not their first language and their emails are not always grammatically correct (a red flag?)

They were mainly concerned that I can't move in until the last week of August, but today, they sent me the lease to sign, and asked that I wire transfer the safety deposit (two months rent) after I sign the lease before I move in (but still the same week) and get my keys in order to hold the place for me.

I see a lot of people advising to never send money BEFORE a lease is signed. My question is this:

  • Is a lease legally binding? Should I still have any concerns about transferring the money over after signing?
  • Also, the lease was pre-signed by the landlord, however he just typed his name and date. Is that a valid e-signature? Should I request he sign it another way?

Thanks a lot.



Submitted July 23, 2020 at 09:29PM by ieatavocado https://ift.tt/2WP2HJ9

Click to comment