Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Trying to wrap my head around this, and I feel like there must be an a good answer.

When buying a home, I could 1) put more of my cash down on the house and have less in my investment account, or 2) have to pay more out of pocket each month for a higher mortgage payment, but potentially let my money grow more in my investment account than having it tied up in home equity. Am I thinking about this correctly? What is the best route?

I'm basically deciding between 20 or 25% down; 25% would reduce my monthly payment enough to make me happy about the monthly cost, but keeping that 5% invested would almost certainly yield more while compounding over 30 years.



Submitted July 26, 2020 at 08:58PM by fatthrowaway63 https://ift.tt/2Bvu9E6

Click to comment