Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I have been in my current position for 5 years. Extremely happy with company, boss, coworkers. However, I have been bored and stagnant with my duties. I received an offer from a competitor for a huge promotion and a generous raise.

I took this to my boss who I consider a friend But didn’t put my 2 weeks in. I let them know I have a great offer but would love to stay. Basically she immediately told me that I was penciled in to take her spot next year. She would look into what they could do now. Basically all weekend I have gotten calls from the ceo down saying they don’t want to lose me and they know I’m ready to take a larger role and that it was already decided that I would be promoted prior to me telling them I had an offer. Today I received word that they can give me a promotion now and start to train me to take in my bosses duties for when they retire next year. They can’t match the money aspect but did offer a nice raise along with this (which is ok since I don’t need this raise to pay bills) All of the conversations that I have had this weekend sounded that they genuinely were shocked and didn’t want to lose me.

This is the scenario I hoped for but now I’m reading a bunch of stats and articles to never take a counter. I truly believe they want me to stay and I wouldn’t be marked to be replaced. I know I can’t go off of LinkedIn articles for a decision and will most likely take the counter. Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on why it would be a bad idea to accept the counter?



Submitted July 12, 2020 at 08:13PM by Accomplished_Bike_13 https://ift.tt/328HJZ6

Click to comment