Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Here is what i'm trying to accomplish: https://ift.tt/3eLbUYS Please see the area in the red circle.I have the same coved ceilings and am attempting to do something similar (except I'll make it out of wood and hide a TV within it with doors and artwork hanging over it. Hidden TV situation :).I'm having a helluva time making a cardboard template that fits the curve exactly. I've tried to find the 90 degree circumference from where the curve starts but it just doesn't work - perhaps an error on my end or just hand made craftsmen-ship isnt 100% geometric.I thought about using a contour tool (with the little pins for crown moulding and such) but that wont span the full 90 degrees and I'll have to do it in parts - super jankey. Idea situation would be to have a wheel on the wall- with a straight stick - attached to a pen and just run it up the wall to the ceiling and have it trace on a piece of cardboard.Sometimes I just get stuck on simple math related things like this so was hoping someone here might help...FWIW - the picture posted is professionally done with sheetrock. I have 0 experience but have already built the frame and will be doing this with 3/4 cabinet-grade plywood. Two sides and the front plate. - Just trying to figure out how to not mess up the curve.Thank you! via /r/DIY https://ift.tt/2CO0OoV

Click to comment