Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hi Fellow Frugal Fashionistas!

I recently lost about 40 pounds and none of my clothes fit (YAY!) as a result I’ve become slightly addicted to poshmark and other second hand sites.

Now, when there is no rona I normally work in a super corporate profesh environment where I have to dress up a lot of the time. I have some suits that are laughably too large now- I was a 12/14 and now I’m a 4/6. I searched this sub and FFA to find brands and fabrics that are recommended and have found a ton on poshmark. However, there are some truly amazing deals that are not my size. Being the frugal lady that I am, I am wondering if I could get them tailored to have them fit?

Google is a hot mess so I am hoping some of you may have personal experience And can help me out with my questions!

Specifically- is there a gap in sizes considered too much? I.e. could I get my size 14 suit tailored to a size 4/6? Is there a rule of thumb that you can’t tailor down XX amount of sizes.

Could I get my size 10 to a 4/6?

Can one get boot legged suit trousers tailed to be a more modern straight or skinny fit?

Are there fabrics or patterns that are more difficult to tailor?

This is all I can think of right now. But please feel free to share any tips or tricks or personal experience regarding buying used and tailoring!

Thanks everyone :)



Submitted July 14, 2020 at 02:34PM by redmakeupbag21 https://ift.tt/3fue9RN

Click to comment