Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

Hi all,

The title pretty much says it all.

I have no prior knowledge of investing beside a couple youtube videos and this sub but I know it's not great to just sit on the cash since I'm losing out on making money through interest, right?

I don't want to be an active investor so it sounds like Roth IRA/S&P 500 Index fund is a common suggestion. What's your recommendation, does it matter who it's with? Can I download an app and set up direct deposits? Good things to know before investing?

What would you do in my situation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-------

Also....stupid question probably but I'm a US citizen but there's a high probability that I will move overseas in the future. Does that effect my ability to invest/rates?

Not sure if relevant but I'm also changing careers (head hunter/recruiter in Japan to golf instructor in US) and my salary is going from 70K base to 25K-30K for an entry level job, so I won't be able to save like before for at least 3 years until I get proper certifications. Even then my base salary will most likely be around 40K.



Submitted July 15, 2020 at 09:10PM by tallguy_64 https://ift.tt/3h21Psc

Click to comment