Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

15 years ago I was young and looking to buy a condo. Went to visit a building. And this mustachioed white hair old man sales guy greeted me. He was like a doting grandpa. Looking out for me. Telling me old stories " when I was your age ... ". No pressure.

we shook hands and I had a great feeling about the process. I came back the next day to look at the unit again but didn't find granpere. So just started talking to another sales guy. Figured they were on the same team. I wanted to go see the unit again. We got to the elevator and when the door opened. Lo and behold it was gramps. But instead of kindly old gent. He was a vicious cussing shark. He laid into the other sales guy who was just like "What did I do?!?"

Then he turned on me and I was like. Oh fuck. He asked me " didn't I show you the unit yesterday?! So you were just wasting my fucking time?!.

I was like. No thanks. I'm outta here. Wow.

I still revisit that memory now and again every time I have to talk to a sales guy.

This past week my SO was referred a whole life sales agent. I went along for the meeting.

It was a husband wife duo. In their late 60s. They threw so much bullshit. "You will never lose in any year. And gain with a cap of 15%. They protect the investments with "options". "Our son is a math major and he says this is really a no lose. He just bought a policy. " "and you can help the people in your community as well. Come to our seminars". " ever year we go on a fancy retreat".
Then they pulled out the four square sheet like used car sales man. It was really blatant in retrospect.

But my SO was intrigued. Yes she would like to hel her community. Yes she would like to have no losses.

And they were really kindly old folks. Reminded me of my favorite aunt and uncle. And I knew that whole life wasn't a great deal but forgot the details of why. So despite all the above tricks even I was feeling good about the meeting. Like maybe it's not bad. They are really nice old folks they wouldn't screw us.

Well after they left. I got right on Google to refresh my memory. Ah yes. The notorious World Financial Group Cult.

Anyway they called and emailed quite a bit. And after a few days of that. My SO wrote an email to kindly decline their seminars and reject the overpriced policy. She is ESL so asked me to proofread it first. I made some corrections snd cut out some stuff.

But there was one line that I don't think she meant to be intentionally insulting or it was just her ESL but it was too funny to cut out "I'm sorry I will pass on the seminars. I want to help the people in my community, not ruin their life..." Fucking lol.

Anyway. Of course the agents got offended. Wrote back " are you saying we are trying to ruin your lives?! " " I assure you only people not happy with the product complain. Satisfied people won't say anything"

Meanwhile they now have dropped the act of old kind auntie and uncle and are just spamming us with their seminars and conventions and other meetings and saying it would be terrible if anything happened to us for our loved ones. We really should look into whole life insurance. Haha.

Sorry tl;dr. Fuck (some) old people. And do you own research. Only you are looking out for you.



Submitted February 27, 2017 at 12:30PM by rvncto http://ift.tt/2mwC3AQ

Click to comment