Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

I saw a post here from about a year ago with no solid conclusions on blocking neighboring wifi signals. When those of us in apartments bring up wifi congestion issues, the comments are usually 'switch to 5GHz' and 'just run ethernet cords'. The current crop of IoT devices make both of those solution unworkable.I figure I don't need to block wifi so much as attenuate my neighbors' signal as much as possible. I used Netscout to make a rough map of where the neighbors' wifi access points are generally located. What I am considering is using mesh or foil placed in large enough sheets in the places where I see the most noise. Does anyone have enough of an RF background to take an educated guess as to how big my sheets should be? If it works, I like the idea of getting some large prints and backing them in foil or mesh as a long term solution. via /r/DIY http://ift.tt/2lledWW

Click to comment