Type something and hit enter

ads here
On
advertise here

So the Credit Karma tax filing system has been buggy, so I should have known better than to file with them, but I did it anyways because TurboTax charges $80 to file with a K-1 form.

Every time I logged out of Credit Karma it would change my estimated refund amount from $6k federal/$2k state to $112 federal/$228 state. It kept overriding my K-1 information when I would log out, so I would have to go back in and uncheck a box... then re-check the box and it would recalculate to the correct value.

Well, I made sure before I filed that it showed the correct amounts. I even have the pdf it said it was submitting to the IRS with all the correct amounts on it. But I got an email minutes later saying my federal return was accepted and I thought that was strange because I figured they would want to review a $6k refund, and when I checked, they had accepted the $112 amount, because Credit Karma submitted the incorrect information without my K-1 deduction. State is pending at $228 instead of $2k as well.

So what can I do? Is there any way to amend a return for a bigger refund or am I going to get penalized if I try and change it?

Edit: To be clear, I specifically checked the pdf to make sure it was right before submitting it, and they changed it after I submitted it. So, sidenote, 0/10 would not recommend Credit Karma Tax if you have anything more complicated than a W-2 to file.



Submitted February 28, 2017 at 09:16AM by daily-disturbance http://ift.tt/2luHwHm

Click to comment